Saturday, March 21, 2009

SWEET GRAPES

Grapes are starting to come in season and I actually saw them on sale for .88 a lb this week. Anna asked for my grape salad recipe today so I thought I would share it on my blog. I love grapes because they are sweet but crunchy and juicy at the same time.

Sweet Grapes With Nuts

1 8oz package cream cheese - softened
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
1 lb seedless green grapes
1 lb seedless red grapes
1 cup chopped pecans

In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, brown sugar, and vanilla; stirring until smooth. In a large bowl, combine grapes and pecans. Pour cream cheese mixture over, tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill. It really makes a lot of sauce, so sometimes even though I mix it all together, I don't end up using all of the cream cheese mixture. You can tell as you pour it on then grapes when it is enough.


No comments: